Although you can cook rice in your ordinary pan, it is likely that the results will be inconsistent. Apart from that, boiling rice in regular pans leads to other hassles, as you have to keep a close eye on it, drain out water once done, and check regularly to ensure it is not under or overcooked. Whether you like your rice white, fluffy and long-grain or wild brown and toasted, rice cookers provide much better results, and eliminate the need for manual observation. However, it can be difficult to choose the best rice cooker as there are so many available in the market.
To help make your buying decision a little easier, we will review the top five best rice cookers:
#1 Best Rice Cooker –
This pressure rice cooker is an extremely intelligent cooking appliance. It features a sophisticated technology called Fuzzy Logic coupled with artificial intelligence that allows the device to learn and modify the cooking cycle to deliver an absolutely perfect result every time. The rice cooker can automatically choose from three different pressure settings depending on the selected menu to get the best results. The high price tag reflects precision engineering and build quality of this appliance.
- Multiple cooking functions including different settings for mixed, white, sweet or sushi rice and porridge
- Special Umami setting that can extend steaming and soaking time for better quality
- Steam-reduction setting allows you to lower steam to fifty percent of normal setting
- Ideal dimensions of 15-3/8 x 10-1/8 x 8-5/8 inches. Scorch setting can toast rice to a crisp golden brown color, great for unique dishes
- Easy setup. The cooker features a colored control panel along with a delay timer and clock
- Great for cooking mixed dishes that use meat and poultry
- Does an amazing job with brown rice
- High price
- Requires space in your kitchen as this is not a small model
- The bowl can be easily scratched by metal utensils. For best results, use plastic utensils and hand-wash. We find this is the case with most rice cookers.
- Do not overfill the bowl. If the rice spills over, the unit becomes difficult to clean.
This cooker is conveniently sized allowing users to cook four to eight cups of different types of rice with dedicated functions for Brown and White rice. When the rice is ready, the device will switch to its keep-warm mode automatically, eliminating the need to monitor or stir. It uses sensor technology that allows it to adjust the cooking temperature automatically to optimize and enhance texture and flavor.
- Great capacity which can yield up to eight cups of cooked rice.
- It is easy to use and has programmable controls with options such as White rice, steam, Brown rice, auto keep-warm and a delay timer (maximum15 hours).
- After you finish cooking, you can easily remove the cooking pot and other accessories for cleanup
- Comes with extra accessories, such as steam tray, serving spatula, rice measuring cup, and exclusive coupons and recipes
- It takes longer to cook Brown rice compared to other rice cookers
You can cook restaurant-quality rice with this great cooker without watching over your pot or waiting for the water to boil. This digital cooker can prepare perfect rice each time and cook the different types of brown and white rice. It can steam different food items to perfection and cook nutritious flavorful beans, rice mixes and pre-packaged pasta.
- It can cook up to 14 cups of rice
- Offers the flexibility to cook large or small amounts
- Ideal for rice, whole grains, beans and pasta
- Unique simmer and heat functions
- Comes with a rice paddle and measuring cup
- The condensation collector on the outside of the cooker may leak when cooking large quantities. Easy to cleanup
- Some users find that the very bottom layer of rice gets browned, which is not unusual for many rice cookers
Another model from Zojirushi, a Japanese manufacturer that has been around for nearly 100 years. We chose this model as our #4 best rice cooker due to its mid-range price, premium features, and amazing quality. This rice cooker can cook up to 10 cups of rice and features a number of different cooking functions, allowing you to prepare white rice (soft, hard, regular and sushi), brown rice, mixed rice, sweet rice and porridge. The cooker has a thick and black spherical pan that offers even heating for superior cooking. It also features a beep audio indicator and programmable melody to indicate the completion of the cooking cycle.
- Features Neuro fuzzy technology
- It has a large colored LCD display which is easy to read
- Fold down handle which eases transport
- Features a programmable delay timer with two settings
- It comes with two measuring cups, rice scooper and rice spoon holder
- Keeps rice fresh for a long time on “keep warm” setting
- Doesn’t include a steam basket
- Directions on cooking other types of grain and other dishes are limited. Users are able to use online recipes to produce a wide variety of dishes.
Our #5 pick in search of the best rice cooker is a basic model that can prepare up to 6 cups of rice and steam fish and veggies at the same time. There are not bells and whistles but it does a perfectly fine job. This cooker has a unique design with titanium infused ceramic coating and can last nearly eight times longer and prepare rice thirty percent quicker compared to ordinary cookers. It has a very durable surface that will not peel or flake and its non-stick coating provides more health benefits because it is free of PFOA and PTFE.
- One-touch controls that are easy to use
- It features an auto keep warm setting
- It comes with a tempered glass lid which allows you to monitor rice
- It can cook up to 6 cups of rice
- Also ideal for making stews, soups and hot breakfasts such as oatmeal
- Tends to burn the very bottom layer of rice, which is not uncommon for basic rice cookers.
Best Rice Cooker – Conclusion
Now you know the five best rice cookers in the market. Always go for the product that satisfies your precise needs. We have highlighted the features that make them special so that you can buy an appliance that makes your life easy and simple in the kitchen!