If you have not heard of instant pots from your neighbors, family, and friends, then you soon will. We think it is the best next thing since electric toasters. The instant pot is growing in popularity at an exponential rate, and the reason is quite simple, it promises a fresh homemade meal ready to eat in a really short amount of time. It was introduced to the American market way back in 2009 and has quickly become a household item.
Because of its rise in demand, there is a significant increase in the numbers of these pots in online stores. There are so many varieties available that it can get difficult to choose. This can be somewhat confusing for a lot of buyers, but you need not worry, as we will help you select the best instant pot. In fact, we will give you the best five to choose owing to their popularity and positive reviews as well as reasonable pricing.
Our #1 Pick Best Instant Pot: The Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1
This Instant Pot is designed to offer 7 different appliances in a single unit. Imagine having just one appliance do all the work for you rather than having seven different ones lying around. This Duo series with its multi-cooking features allows you to perform seven different produces with its cooking abilities: pressure cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté, rice cooker, slow cooker and warmer.
The best aspect of the instant pot is that it cooks the food by retaining their aroma, flavor, and nutrients. It features the latest in the technology of maintaining temperature, pressure, heat adjustments and time. This allows you to get what you want when you want it!
Our users have found the following Pros and Cons of the product:
- 14 Smart Programs
- Made from 100% stainless steel
- Features the latest 3rd generation technology
- Adjustable temperature settings
- Dual pressure settings
- 1000W motor for maximum power
- 10 safety mechanisms certified by the UL and ULC
- 70% faster cooking compared to other pressure cookers
- Takes time to learn its various features
- Can be difficult to work for some
Made with stainless steel with no chemical coatings and three-ply for the perfect heat dissipation, the Instant Pot LUX60 V3 is among the best Instant Pots you can purchase for your home. This version includes a program that allows you to cook cakes and eggs in addition to other features such as the warmer, sauté, steamer, rice cooker, pressure cooker and slow cooker.
There are also smart features that allow you to cook specific items such as porridge, meat stew, soup, and broths. In the box you will find several accessories like the soup spoon, measuring cup, steam rack handles, and of course, a manual and recipe book on which items you can cook in the instant pot.
Our users have reported several key pros and cons about the Instant Pot LUX60 V3:
- Designed to be safe to use with the ‘Safety Pressure Monitor’
- Extra protection with ‘safety lid lock’
- Programmable temperature for different food types
- Simple and easy one-touch controls
- Free downloadable app for 300-plus recipes
- Non-stick interior coating
- The lid can jam when closing it
- Can be difficult to clean
- Can wobble during highly pressurized cooking
The Cuisinart CPC-600 is a multi-cooker made by Cuisinart, a well-known household brand with great customer service. Even though it is named a “pressure cooker”, we think it is much more than that delivering 6 different cooking modes. With three years warranty and featuring the latest in electric pressure technology, you can’t go wrong with this appliance. It has an LED countdown system with a push button for cooking options and programmable settings for easy usage for whenever and whatever you need to cook.
It can be used for sautéing, simmer, keeping warm, high and low-pressure cooking and browning. The timer allows you to set it and forget it delivering your next favorite dish perfectly.
- Ability to cook fast and healthy meals
- Features are easier to understand and use
- Safety features allow for a peace of mind
- A perfect gift for those who have less time for cooking
- Can take longer to cook than shown on the timer
- Food is cooked dry and bland at times – highly dependent on the recipe and there are lots of amazing recipes around!
This is the most revolutionary instant pot in the market right now. It features an amazing Bluetooth technology that allows it to be used via an app on your mobile device. Even though you have to do something manually but you have an app that lets you monitor everything in the instant pot as you can set the time and look at the progress of the current cooking.
A built-in microprocessor and stainless steel body make it a healthy and technologically superior instant pot when compared to the rest. Our users, after using this product, have given their feedback and here are the pros and cons as per their experience:
- Bluetooth feature allows for mobile monitoring
- Can do the work equivalent of seven kitchen appliances
- 14 smart cooking programs
- 10 safety mechanisms to ensure safe usage
- Customization options for precise cooking
- Ability to control the temperature
- Ability to create your own cooking scripts
- Lid, Steam Rack and Cooking Pot made with Stainless Steel
- The smart features are not for everyone
- Some users note that the app does not have enough recipes and creating your own recipes takes time
One of the best sellers on Amazon is the Instant Pot Duo Plus. It is the newest edition introduced in 2017 and has improved usability options and custom features that make it the best in its class. It has an immaculate LED screen that allows for easy input of its various features. It has 15 microprocessor programmed features and can even decide on the go if the need arises.
- The 2017 edition with extra features and a better, larger LED screen
- Can do the work of nine kitchen appliances
- User friendly LED interface
- Food grade 100% stainless steel
- Higher energy efficiency than the previous models
- Dual pressure settings
- Easy to clean and wash
- The lid can loosen due to high pressure
- In rare instances the pot can burn items prior to the completed time
- The new features can take time to learn
Now that you know the five best Instant Pots in the market, why not give yourself an appliance that makes your life easy and simple in the kitchen!